Since 2004, TTE International have been delivering graduate training programmes for Nigeria LNG.
TTE International won contracts in 2004, 2008 and 2017 to deliver a graduate development training programme for engineering and technical professionals to operate Nigeria LNG facilities on Bonny Island. The complete course was delivered at our centre on Middlesbrough and at Durham University.
Identifying learning and support needs
The initial testing and evaluation was delivered jointly by TTE and Durham University. The graduate testing and evaluation included:
- Setting initial examinations
- Reviewing past education
- Reviewing industrial work experience
- Marking academic papers
- Cross referencing and international referencing of degree qualifications
- Individual interviews
- Examining mathematics and engineering science skills
Hands on experience
Practical skills training was conducted at TTE’s extensive facilities at our centre in Middlesbrough, UK. the graduates undertook hands on training in the following modules over a five week period:
- Electrical / Instrumentation
All of the modules are designed to include testing and evaluation of participants practical skills. In addition, the graduates also undertook an ILM first line management award as part of their professional development.
A world top 100 university
The academic graduate training at Durham University was split into general engineering principles and theory:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Drawing
- Applied Mechanics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Control and Instrumentation
- Plant and Project Management
- LNG Operations
This was supported with discipline specific modules in electrical, mechanical and chemical engineering. The training ensured the academic qualifications taken in Nigeria were on a par with those from a top flight UK University in order for the graduates to gain chartered status. The teaching took place six days per week with each academic module being examined on completion.
TTE’s Welfare team managed a comprehensive induction to the UK for the graduates travelling from Nigeria including:
- Airport meet and greet of the team
- Comprehensive accommodation induction
- Familiarisation tour of location
- TTE induction and welcome
- Health & Safety philosophy, rules and regulations
- Formation of team learning contract
- Review and feedback of pre-tests in Nigeria
- Programme overview along with tours of training centre and University
- Personal development input on managing time
- Medical registrations
One team. Endless possibilities
As part of the programme we included personal development and team building that was managed by TTE and delivered at one of our trusted outward bound partner centres. The programme at the outward bound centre focused on:
- Trust and support
- Time management
- Action planning
In addition to academic learning, TTE provided a wide range of extracurricular and team building activities including:
- Sporting events
- Visits to local industries
- Theatre and cinema trips
- Visits to London and Edinburgh
Since 2004, 130 Graduates have been trained and completed the programme.
Graduate Training Programme
TTE, Middlesbrough, UK.
Durham University, Durham, UK.
May 2004 > October 2004
January 2008 > June 2008
September 2017 > December 2017
Durham University, Brathay, Ambleside Outward bound, Eskdale – Outward bound trust.