BP Exploration (Caspian Sea) Ltd appointed TTE and Petrofac to provide technical and training operations and technician training facilities.
To further develop its operational capabilities within its Sangachal Terminal, Baku, Azerbaijan, BP Exploration (Caspian Sea) Ltd appointed TTE Technical International and Petrofac (joint venture) to provide technical training operations and technician training facilities. This was conducted within a new training centre based at the Sangachal terminal and operated in accordance with BP’s global operational and HSE management systems.
TTE development and operational support activities for the technical training centre included:
Development and implementations of a bespoke HSE management system and supporting policies and procedures for the technical training centre
Development and implementation of a bespoke HSE management system and supporting policies and procedures for the technical training centre
Providing consultancy, advice and guidance on the design and build of the new training centre, workshops and training plant and equipment
Provision of detailed engineering kit and equipment resource requirements for the training centre
Conducting HSE audits and inspections, providing detailed reports to ensure the centre met the operational HSE requirements for BP Global HSE management systems
Supply of technical training consultants to design the engineering training facilities and training courses within the centre
Provision of managerial and support staff to ensure effective training centre operations
Provision of assessors and trainers for the training and assessment of operations and maintenance technicians (including apprentices). Inclusive but not limited to the following:
- Foundation programme (approximately 400 technicians per year) including Behavioural, HSE, English and Technical classes
- Baseline assessment of new technicians; both English and technical
- Extended programmes for non-graduated technicians
- Fast tracking of suitable technicians through both English language and technical training, where appropriate
- Engineering Graduate Programme
- HSE Induction for Sangachal Terminal
- TTE-Petrofac training consultant in Georgia and provision of training to BP Georgian technicians both in Georgia and at CTTC
- Post Foundation training
- On-site CMAS assessments in relation to training
- Provision of training to BP SPUs based outside Azerbaijan e.g. Iraq, Oman, etc.
- Training to all 3rd party contractors
- Developed and delivered a range of ‘Skills Gap Training’ for technicians upon request, which included the provision of KCAD Technician Training, CMAS for Site Leaders Improvement, on-site assessments to post foundation training, and electrical short courses.
In addition to the continued operation of this training centre in 2013, TTE also provided technical and HSE consultancy services to BP to facilitate the relocation of its current training operations. The newly refurbished training centre became fully operational in June 2015.
A quick overview of the main activities:
- Provision of consultancy services to identify potential sites and buildings for refurbishment
- Provision of techncial staff to assist in the design and implementation of training facilities within the identified site
- Provision of technical staff to assist in the decommissioning, transfer of all existing kit and equipment and to ensure its relocation and recommissioning in accordance with BP’s technical and operation HSE standards
- Provision of HSE consultancy services to conduct regular audits and inspections in support of contractor management and operational requirements
- Continued operation of training centre activities
On top of operational training facilities, since 2014 TTE has also invested in the development of both local and embedded staff. Cohorts with an average of 30 per year have completed train the trainer and assessor/IQA qualifications respective of their role. This has been delivered by specialised consultancy staff at the training centre in Baku, to ensure the provision of competent, up to date, training staff in line with BP requirements.
The centre has trained in excess of 400 learners per year, making a total of in excess of 5,000 technicians over the lifetime of the project.
Provision of Technical Training Operations and Technician Training Services
Training and Development Centre, Sangachal Terminal, Azerbaijan, Baku
January 2004 > July 2016